Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, this is a full-time senior position that will give the successful candidate the opportunity to play a key role in the future success of tmgroup.
The position is focused on the management of a team of field-based account managers who are responsible for a portfolio of approximately 600 law firm accounts, ranging from Residential Conveyancing Specialists through to Magic Circle Law firms. Spend per account will range from a few thousand pounds per annum up to in excess of £1m.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of the tmgroup sales and marketing team and will be expected to work effectively with Business Development, Marketing, Product Development and Client Services to ensure that we achieve financial targets and continue to develop the tmconvey and tmconnect conveyancing platform propositions in line with client requirements.
Applicants must have a track record of managing a successful B2B account management team and retaining and growing high value accounts, ideally in the legal sector. Strong leadership skills are essential as is a good understanding of the deployment of sales and marketing to deliver growth from existing accounts.
• Designing, developing and delivering an effective account management strategy to deliver growth targets.
• Working collaboratively with Marketing and Business Development to ensure that strategies are aligned to deliver both new business and growth targets.
• Cascading performance objectives and managing the recruitment, training and reward structure to support the successful delivery of the account management strategy.
• Ensuring the team works effectively with Client Services to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Working effectively with colleagues throughout the business to design a programme that ensures the effective management of clients at every stage of the buying cycle.
• Introducing new accounts and working effectively with Business Development to ensure prospects are converted into clients.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
Applicants must have:
• A proven ability to manage a team to deliver growth
• A proven ability to manage complex key accounts generating in excess of £500k income per annum
• A proven ability to influence at Director / Partner level, preferably within law firms.
• A robust understanding of the legal services sector and the application of technology within the sector
• A good understanding and a genuine interest in Residential and Commercial Real Estate
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong commercial acumen as evidenced by an ability to translate customer requirements into product / service delivery
• A strong professional presence with polished presentation skills
• Superb written and verbal communication skills including prior experience of developing responses to tenders/RFPs.
External relationships you will be required to manage:
• Directors, Partners and Heads of Department within Law Firms with a heavy focus on Residential Property and Commercial Real Estate
• Key stakeholders external to tmgroup’s traditional client base. This might include regulators, lenders, property consultants and residential surveyors, estate agents, trade bodies and regulators.
• tmgroup shareholders
• tmgroup suppliers
The successful candidate will need to effectively manage multiple internal stakeholders from Executive Directors to Marketing and onto Heads of Product.
Extensive travel within England and Wales will be required.
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com with an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining why you think you could be our Head of Account Management.
We look forward to hearing from you.