As you may already be aware, Ordnance Survey enhanced their mapping in late 2018. Applying the use of more realistic colour, as well as symbols, this has resulted in clearer boundaries and therefore better context for the mapping information displayed. For example, clearly distinguishing (by colour) where a ‘green’ field meets a ‘blue’ river, as well as where the river’s ‘brown’ mud banks start and finish.
To make sure our customers benefit from these latest improvements, we are automatically applying these changes to all mapping across tmconvey – after 10th January 2019. However, we have also updated our TM administrator permissions, so you can revert to the original look and feel, if you would prefer.
How do I update my mapping preferences?
Your TM administrator will be able to update your company preference by following the below steps:
1. Go to ‘System settings’ on the tmconvey Services Dashboard
2. Select ‘System defaults’
3. Select ‘View’
4. Select ‘Mapping defaults’
5. Select ‘Select map style’
6. You will see 2 maps side by side. This is your ‘current style’ and your ‘selected style’. You can then select from the bullet point list of different styles, changing them until you find one that suits. Please note, there are 5 different styles of map:
o Standard (highlights the buildings rather than the background)
o Outdoors (highlights the background rather than the buildings)
o Light (map with predominantly beige and grey colouring)
o Backdrop (map with lighter shades of colours)
7. Once you have settled on your choice, click ‘Save’.
Please note, we’ve also updated our Case Plans, so they’ll be printed and saved in whichever mapping style you’ve selected under ‘System Settings’.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact your Account Manager, or get in touch with our friendly Helpdesk team on 0800 840 5571 or email email@example.com