New webinars to reveal conveyancers’ must-have habits for managing residential risk
In the ever-evolving conveyancing landscape, legal firms find themselves navigating a minefield of potential risks. Pressure continues to mount on these firms to meet heightened obligations in preventing and identifying financial crime, all while safeguarding their clients’ material interests throughout the transaction, underscoring the complex challenges they face.
Property search and data specialists, tmgroup and IQ Legal Training, are teaming up to deliver a suite of free webinars on the crucial topic of risk management for residential conveyancers, highlighting the key good habits conveyancers should adopt when dealing with fraud, claims and anti-money laundering.
Each live webinar lasts one hour and will reveal the most effective approaches to managing risk during the residential transaction with greater clarity and confidence.
10 Good Habits for Conveyancers Dealing with Risk – Fraud
Date: 11.15am, Wednesday 21st February
- What sort of fraud can conveyancers encounter – seller fraud, buyer fraud, lender fraud and professional fraud – an overview
- Fraud prevention – CQS, Law Society Guidance and other professional guidance
- Fraud and negligence claims’ lessons from case law
- Tips, traps and best practice
10 Good Habits for Conveyancers Dealing with Risk – Claims
11.15am, Wednesday 20th March
- Lessons from underwriters and insurers – an overview of conveyancing claims
- Scoping and monitoring the retainer – things to look out for
- Acting for the buyer – due diligence and best practice
- Reporting on title – if Goldilocks were a client, which report on title would be just right?
- Other areas of concern including an overview of problem areas in residential conveyancing
10 Good Habits for Conveyancers Dealing with Risk – Anti-Money Laundering
Date: 3.30pm, Tuesday 23rd April
- Guidance from professional bodies and lessons to be learned
- How far do you go with sources of funds from the client and third parties?
- What can cause problems?
- Lessons from case law
Each webinar offers the perfect opportunity for residential conveyancers of all levels to stay informed and up-to-date, and will include extensive delegate notes and time for questions. Places are limited, so book now to avoid disappointment.