Award-winning sales progression platform mio has uncovered the home moving experiences of nearly 200 movers and evaluated what this means for Estate Agents and Conveyancers. The survey revealed:
- Trust, providing realistic valuations and demonstrating good market knowledge were the most important factor for sellers in 2022 when selecting their acting Estate Agent. These were more than twice as important as local board presence and accepting the lowest selling fee offered.
- Most movers – more than half of those surveyed – selected the conveyancers recommended to them by their estate agent, up slightly on 2021.
- There was a 60% increase in preference for face-to-face communication and 47% more for instant messaging with agents during the transaction phase between 2021 and 2022, signalling a growing need for agents to nurture their customer relationships combined with the convenience of real-time digital communication updates.
- Documentation errors and structural issues common causes of transactional delays that came to light after the sale price was agreed, demonstrating the benefits of using upfront material information earlier in the sales journey to identify and fix potential obstacles.
- Over two thirds of movers surveyed were impressed that their agent was using innovative tech solutions like mio as part of their service offering and found the mio consumer App gave them greater visibility over their sale transaction progress.
Survey findings suggest there has been a sharper focus from movers on the need for better agent-customer communication and transparency, both in person and through technology, as movers sought information relating to the progress of their sale, in a particularly volatile property market environment during 2022. Agents need to continue adopting technologies and best practices that create a smoother, more confident moving experience and greater customer satisfaction as mio Sales Director, Nick Ball, comments:
“With market knowledge and trust as the main consumer drivers for selecting an Estate Agency, agents should consider how to leverage these strengths at every step of the customer journey, so that business reputations aren’t damaged by avoidable delays and high fall-through rates.
Communication and openness is key, and mio’s consumer App offers movers a convenient, digital way of keeping informed and in touch with their agent that perfectly complements the personalised service movers want. mio’s joined up approach to sales progression, and milestone updates from across chains, maintains the trust relationship between home movers and their agents, to deliver more certainty and confidence throughout the moving process.”
Further findings from the mio report can be found here.